Thursday 16 July 2015

'WOMEN ONLY' TRACKDAY A TRUE SUCCESS


By Alex James Photography
It was truly fantastic to see over sixty women take over Donington Park circuit yesterday.

Filling the paddock, garages and circuit with their bikes and taking to the track, some for the very first time, it was a really special, as this is what I've been working towards for the past few years.

Not only was it a record breaking number of women to attend one of my trackdays but it was a record number of women, over thirty, who were taking to the track for the very first time.

Seeing so many faces from my previous events was fabulous and seeing just as many new ones was really brilliant as it means that the word is spreading and more women are realising that this is a great place to learn and improve their riding and increase their two wheeled confidence.

It was a brilliant day from start to finish and even the weather gods were kind and gave us clear blue skies and warm sunshine.

I'm blown away by the positive feedback I'm already receiving [I'll be sharing some on here soon] and I have to say that I couldn't have done these events without the support of Donington Park, so huge thanks to all the team there!

It was an absolute pleasure to meet and ride with all the ladies who attended the day - it's these women, who come and support these days that will make it possible for more women to benefit from more dates in the future.

I hope that with your continued support we can make more happen next year and see even more women gain confidence on their bikes!

Special thanks to my ace team of instructors; Rupert, Brad, Levi and Virgil. To everyone at Donington Park, to the No Limits team for the top admin/pit lane work, Alex James Photography for capturing some brilliant moments, Terri & Gary for support, Donna at Bespoke Injury Management for doing sports massages during the afternoon, BMW Motorrad UK for the BMW S 1000 RR instructor bikes, CPL Print for the certificates, EBC Brakes for the goody bags, and EBC, HEL & NGK for the additional prizes.


The next trackday is on October 14th and we may not have as good weather then but I guarantee you'll have a brilliant day!

I hope to see you then!




No comments:

Post a Comment